ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES (UG)
|Type of Course||:||Medical|
|Name of Course||:||M.B.B.S.|
|Duration||:||6 1/2 Years|
|Sanctioned No. of Seats||:||75|
|University Affliation||:||Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University.|
|Periodic Academic Activities in Dental Dept.||:|| 1) 10 Lecture Classes for Pre Final MBBS Students.|
2) Clinical Postings for Prefinal MBBS Students.
3) Regular Case presentations & discussions.
4) CME Programme (Dental) Preparation of case Records.
5) Regular Govt. Dental Camps (Schools)
6) Dental Monthly visit for Jail inmates.
7) Special Trainee Certificate course of Six month Duration for UG (BDS) Students
|Prizes & Awards Constituted in the Dept.||:||Nil|
|Prizes & Awards Won for dental service rendered from dental dept.||:||Award & Commendation given by Collector of Salem 2012.|
|CME / Workshop / Seminar||:|| 1) Oral Haemorrahage.|
2) Modern concepts in Surgical Removal of Impactions.
3) Recent Trends in Endodontic Management.
|Students Attendance particulars||:||70% Strength for Lecture as well as Clinical Posting|
|Internal Assessment||:||Not applicable|
|1) Prof. & HOD Dr.T.Sathishkumar, MDS||:||98427 90179|
|2) Prof. Dr. Sregalatha, MDS||:||9443867159|
|3) Assistant Professor Dr.K.Baskaran, MDS||:||9943998946|
|4) Assistant Professor Dr.N.Senthil kumar, MDS||:||9840447911|
|5) Senior resident Dr. D Suresh, MDS||:||8148111413|
|OP Days & Timings||:||Monday to Saturday Every Weak|
8 am. to 2 pm. Sunday Holiday.
|Bed Strength of Dental Dept.||:||2 Beds / Ward in All Medical & Surgical Specialities.|
|Average of Statistics||:||150 / Day,|
|Average IP Status||:||250/ Month|
TYPE OF SURGERIES PERFORMED
IN PATIENT SERVICES
1) Reduction of Fracture Maxilla &
Mandible - Open & Closed Procedures.
2) Resection of Beneign and Malignant Tumours of Jaws
3) Surgical Management of Soft Tissue Tumours occuring in oral cavity.
4) Management of oral carcinoma cases
OUT PATIENT SERVICES
1. Dental Extractions.
2. Cyst Enucleation
3. Excision Biopsy of Small Lesions.
4. Periodontal Surgical Procedures.
7. Surgical removal of Impacted tooth
ELECTIVE AND EMERGENCY SERVICES
Acute TMJ Dislocation
Incision and Drainage of Abscess
|List of Lab Tests||:||Blood Routine|
Electrolytes, ECG, Histopathological
|Radiological Examination||:||Intra Oral & Extra oral X-Rays|
|Other Modalities of Treatment||:||Conservative Dental Procedures
Treatment including filling of Teeth, Root canal treatment
Bleaching Procedures, Management of
Management of compromised patients such as HIV, Epileptic Patients, Diabetic & Cardiac Patients, spastic Children.
Geriatric oral cancer screening facility along with the regular oral cancer patient management.
|Prosthesis||:||Post surgical rehabilitation for mucormycosis and other resective surgeries for maxillary tumors|
|Objectives, Eligibility Procedure to get the facility List of Surgeries covered under cm Health Insurance scheme||:||Prescribed Rules Regarding Objective |
Eligibility + Procedures
List of Surgeries
Covered under cm HIS
1. Open Reduction of Fracture Maxilla Mandible
2. Surgical Management of Jaw tumours
3. Soft tissue Surgical Management
|Regular Oral screening camps conducted periodically|
|Management Team Categerization of Waste & Training on Biomedical waste Management||:||Trained in Biomedical Management|