Chief Minister Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme launched on 23.07.2009 as Kalaingar Kaappittu Thittam. Now the scheme from January 2022 to 2027 is implemented through United India Insurance Company. The Scheme provides quality health care to the eligible person through and empanelled government and private hospitals and to reduce the financial hardship to the enrolled families and move towards universal health coverage by effectively linking with public health system. Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme is integrated with Ayushman BharatPradhanManthiri Jan ArogyaYojana since 23.09.2018.
Around 1.37 crore families were covered under CMCHIS (January 2022). Totally 1090 procedures, 8 follow up procedures and 52 diagnostic procedures are covered under CMCHIS in 800 Government and 900 Private empanelled hospitals.
The scheme seeks to provide cashless hospitalization specific ailments/procedures the scheme provides coverage upto Rs.5,00,000/- per family, per year on a floater basis for the ailments and procedures covered under the scheme.
List of procedures is also available in this website(http://www.cmchistn.com)
The Eligibility to avail Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme, is as indicated for the resident of Tamil Nadu by the presents of his/her Name in the family card and whose family annual income is less than Rs.1,20,000/- per annum.
For being eligible for benefits under the scheme it is sufficient to produce family card, Aadhar card and income certificate by the VAO/Revenue Authorities along with the self-declaration of the head of the concerned family.
Family includes the eligible member and the members of his/her family as detailed below
• Legal Spouse of the eligible person
• Children of the eligible person
• Defendant parent of the eligible person
1. This card should be shown at the Assistance Counter/Office established at the empanelled hospital.
2. After due verification of the details and authenticating the identity of the patient by the Liaison Officer, the necessary Pre-authorisation request for cashless facility will be submitted by the DMO of the hospital.
3. The Project Office will approve the request on authentication of the identity and provided the procedure planned is within the Scheme
No. of beneficiaries under CMCHIS in our Hospital for the past 3 years
No of beneficiaries under CMCHIS for the year 2019-9489
No of beneficiaries under CMCHIS for the year 2020-5629
No of beneficiaries under CMCHIS for the year 2021-8403
No of beneficiaries under CMCHIS for the year 2022(upto September)-10602
A 24-hour call centre has been setup at TNHSP with sufficient man power with toll free helpline number 1800 425 3993. The Toll-free line is competent to answer the query in Tamil
For further details,pls visit http://www.cmchistn.com